Gateway Research Pty Ltd (ABN 35 165 921 586) and its operating subsidiaries (together, Gateway Research or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
- our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
- our websites, including, but not limited to gatewayresearch.com;
- any related Gateway Research or client website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any mobile or tablet applications;
- personal information provided by you during your participation in market research, including online research and in-person research;
- any personal information contained in video or audio recordings lawfully collected by us or provided to us by our clients, customers and service providers;
- personal information provided to us by our clients, customers and service providers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and customers; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to Gateway Research and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to Gateway Research
- Gateway Research is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Gateway Research will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Kinds of Personal Information that Gateway Research Collects and Holds
- Personal information that may be requested or collected by us includes:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- social media account usernames and information;
- information regarding your personal and professional interests and your networks;
- information about your employment history and future plans, and documents relating to your employment;
- information about your education and qualifications, skills and experience;
- financial information including bank account details;
- enquiry and complaint details;
- if you choose to participate in any research (whether in person or online), video footage of your participation and data arising from your participation including:
- eye-tracking information;
- geo-location information;
- biometric information; and
- your responses to research or survey questions;
- personal information contained in video and audio recordings;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website. .This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to Gateway Research and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- We will only collect sensitive information with your consent. Where you or a third party provides us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, political opinions, sexual orientation and/or criminal or medical history) we will only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel
How Gateway Research Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel, or provide your details to us or our clients via any Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms or surveys to us or our clients, either physically or electronically;
- participate in any research, including in-laboratory research, in-situ research or online research;
- participate in any eye-tracking or biometric studies;
- attend any commercial premises or public place where lawful video or audio recordings are made;
- submit an employment application or other employment information to Gateway Research;
- conspicuously publish or provide on request your personal information to Gateway Research;
- contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any competitions, offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to provide our services to our clients, to allow you to participate in research studies, and to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), marketing materials and also to advise you of other Gateway Research, client or third party products, services or offers which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Gateway Research or its clients being unable accept your participation in research studies, or to to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services or information.
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including list brokers, referral agents, our clients and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
- Personal information will not be collected from any person who is known by Gateway Research to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian or as has been provided to us lawfully by third parties, including our clients and customers. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial websites, Gateway Research and its clients may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 15, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which Gateway Research collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To fulfil obligations in respect of any contract between you and Gateway Research or you and one of our clients.
- To allow you to participate in research or studies, including eye-tracking and biometric research and studies.
- To record statistical and video and audio data for research purposes and to conduct market research and consumer behaviour research.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), content, services and products.
- To provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To provide you with targeted advertising when you browse third party websites.
- To customise a Website based on your preferences.
- To compile and analyse statistics and trends.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to Gateway Research and our clients.
- To undertake recruitment for Gateway Research.
- To manage your employment with Gateway Research.
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To conduct promotions, competitions and/or surveys.
- To respond to general enquiries.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To share personal information with Gateway Research group companies, clients, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties including service providers in the manner described below.
- To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Gateway Research group companies, Gateway Research promotional partners, Gateway Research clients and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas, including but not limited to The Philippines. Failure to provide personal information may result in you being unable to participate in research or studies, in Gateway Research being unable to respond to your enquiry, consider your employment application or render services to you, or in Gateway Research or its clients being unable to provide you with certain content, products, services and/or information
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with Gateway Research group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas, including but not limited to The Philippines. Gateway Research group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by Gateway Research to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, analysis and coding of research data, fulfilling orders, payroll management, conducting market research, assisting with promotions and surveys, and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
Contact by Gateway Research
- Gateway Research group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), Gateway Research promotional partners, Gateway Research clients or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Gateway Research companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above, including your participation in future research or studies.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Gateway Research may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a Gateway Research user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Gateway Research user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Gateway Research, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Ability of others to view information
- Gateway Research may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publically posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publically available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Gateway Research is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on a Gateway Research database. Information may be reviewed by contacting Gateway Research’ privacy officer via email: email@example.com or telephone: 1 300 853 202. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting Gateway Research’ privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 1 300 853 202. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Gateway Research and its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- Gateway Research will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas including in The Philippines.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- In some cases, Gateway Research may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including, but not limited to, your professional information, contact details and transactional data (if applicable). Gateway Research employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Gateway Research. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Gateway Research will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Gateway Research and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Gateway Research is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
Related Gateway Research Websites
Sale of the Company
Problems or queries
Address: Suite 603, 161 Walker St, North Sydney NSW 2060
Telephone: 1 300 853 202
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Gateway Research to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.